Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thinking!


I read the first few pages of the book the evening that I got it in the mail. The statement that first caught my attention was, "Contrary to popular belief, the brain is not designed for thinking." I thought that this was an interesting concept since one of our main missions in education is to teach students "to think". I decided to read this book because I have two children in my house who tell me that they do not like school. (Difficult for a "teacher-mom" to hear sometimes!) I am "thinking" that learning how people "think" will help me understand why my children and so many others say that they do not like school.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you use the words learning and understanding in your own process of discovering why kids don't like school.

    ReplyDelete